Join the Caucus
The Caucus is always looking for new members. Get involved: make sure you have a say in the quality of our children’s education, the character of our Village, the services we receive, and the taxes we pay for all of them!
Information for Prospective New Members
Members of the School Board Nominating Committee (SBNC) and Village Nominating Committee (VNC) are elected at the Precinct level by registered voters in Glencoe. The process of electing persons to either Committee is as follows:
- Prospective Committee members complete and submit an application and biography.
- A ballot containing names, Precincts, and biographies of all candidates will be made available to every Glencoe household. This occurs in the Spring of each even-numbered year.
- Completed secret ballots are submitted back to the VNC and SBNC co-chairs who then validate each ballot and tally the results.
- Election results are publicized and newly-elected members are welcomed. This occurs in the late Spring of every even-numbered year.
Please see the Caucus Plan for more detailed information about eligibility, what to expect, and other questions.
How to Get Started
One of the best ways to help shape and preserve this community is to join the Caucus! School Board Nominating Committee (SBNC) members find and vet individuals to run for the School Board and for the New Trier Caucus. Similarly, Village Nominating Committee (VNC) members identify and assess individuals to run for the Village, Park District, and Library Boards.
You are eligible to serve as a SBNC or VNC member if:
- You’re a registered voter who lives in Glencoe,
- …and you haven’t served on a Caucus for at least the two previous years,
- …and you don’t have a conflict of interest that would preclude your serving (such as membership on a Village Government Board, a spouse with such membership, or plans to run for a board).
Applications for VNC; SBNC
Applications to serve on the next School Board Nominating Committee (SBNC) and Village Nominating Committee (VNC) will be accepted through Feb. 24, 2020. Application forms may be found at the links below.
To see applications for these committees, please view the following:
- Village Nominating Committee (VNC) application: Click here
- School Board Nominating Committee (SBNC) application: Click here
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact us. We’ll be glad to help!